Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Final Project Map

After a lot of back and forth, below is my final map. Unlike the previous draft map I posted, this map specifically looks at which states have the most active brewer permits, and where the top ten craft breweries are located. The states on the high end of the spectrum for active brewer permits also tend to host one or more of the top craft breweries. 

I decided to change the data of my map because I felt that using beer consumption per cpaita would be a bit misleading (per capita meant it would be skewed by states with higher densities). The choropleth data was divided up using natural breaks, given the huge extremes from 2 brewer permits to 332 brewer permits. 

After having so much fun collecting the data and creating this map, I think my next endeavor will be creating a map looking at how much each state's beer industry has grown or not grown (because amazingly enough, there is data for that). 

No comments:

Post a Comment